Monday, August 10, 2009

Intermission: Outdated Content

I was thinking, the internet is really just one big time capsule.
If you look at the information there is to get, so much of it is outdated, it's insane. The only real use anyone would get from that is for a high school assignment on [insert topic here].

To think that I'm going to be a part of adding to the craziness that is the internet kind of makes me cringe for that reason. I mean, I still remember my first webpage. Why is this still up? Why did I even make this? Back in the day, there were loads of pages linking to other sites. Funny thing was, there were link sites, linking to link sites, linking to link sites. Madness. What's even more bizarre is that these sites are still up. The internet is huge! How many of those sites are irrelevant? How would one determine them to be so?

I've lost count of the amount of times where I'd go look something up for creating a website, and find something so old, it's useless. Thing is, to the average beginner, they would not be able to tell the difference between what is useless, and what is not.

We should have an internet clean up committee. Anything older than a certain amount of years, which hasn't been maintained in so long, which also is on a topic which is incorrect or outdated or irrelevant should be destroyed.
Gone.
Save the web.

I should start a movement.
Or is that out there?

What do you think should be done? Something like this?
How do you think we should clean up the web?

No comments:

Post a Comment